The Carmelite Monastery at Margao in Goa is India’s only active monastery of the Discalced Carmelites, a Catholic religious order. The monastery was founded by Brother Dominic in 1844 and currently has around 30 nuns living there. It is known for its beautiful architecture, with its church and cloister making up the bulk of the complex. The monastery regularly opens its doors to visitors, who can come to pray or just admire the beautiful surroundings.
The Carmelite Monastery at Margao in Goa, India is a beautiful and peaceful place that was founded in 1606. The monastery is home to the monks of the Order of Carmelites Descalzos who follow the Rule of Saint Albert. This rule focuses on simplicity, poverty, and chastity. The monastery is open to visitors who want to come and pray or meditate, and there are also retreats available for those who want to stay for a longer period of time.
The Carmelite Monastery at Margao in Goa is a significant religious site for Christians in India. The monastery was founded in 1558 by the Portuguese, and is noted for its Gothic architecture. The monastery’s chapel is decorated with murals and sculptures, and is said to be one of the most beautiful in Goa. The monastery also houses a library which contains rare manuscripts and books.
The Carmelite Monastery is a Roman Catholic monastery located in Margao, Goa, India. It was founded in 1606 by the Portuguese Carmelites. The monastery is notable for its baroque architecture, which is among the finest in Goa.
The Carmelite Monastery at Margao in Goa was founded by Gaspar Cunha, a Goan nobleman, in 1604. It is the second-oldest continuously inhabited monastery in India after the Basilica of San Thome, Chennai. The monastery is dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. The monastery has been involved in a number of charitable works over the years. It has established schools and orphanages, and helps the poor and destitute. It also provides medical assistance to the needy.
The Carmelite Monastery at Margao in Goa is a Roman Catholic monastery for nuns of the Carmelite Order. It was founded in 1606 by Father Antonio de Santa Ana, and is the second oldest monastery for nuns in India. The monastery is known for its beautiful architecture, and is a popular tourist attraction in Margao.